Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

Effort & Modelling

1 reply [Last post]
Ronan Niland
User offline. Last seen 7 years 4 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: None

While putting a programme together, I often use "Effort & Modelling". This obviously enables me (or rather the programme) to calculate durations. So I model, get a duration and then save eveything as a baseline.

However the quantities change, and so to do the durations. I now want to show on two seperate columns

1 The baseline quantities

2 The new quantities that gave new durations

I've been told that you cannot do this on Asta, that instaead I have to use a "user defined field" , and type in manually all the new quantities.

Can anybody help?

Thanks

Ronan

Replies

Mike Testro
User offline. Last seen 22 weeks 6 days ago. Offline

Hi Ronan

It depends how you have set up your resource modelling.

If you have many different resources representing each trade then you will need two columns for each one.

In Table Definition select Resource and then Effort

You now have to select your resource and set the data to either Live or whatever Baseline you are using.

You will now get live data in the columns.

You have to change the setting for each resource which is cumbersome - which is why I use only one resource called Hours - which is common for all tasks for modelling purposes.

I then use a code for each trade resource for filtering and histograms.

Best regards

Mike Testro