Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

Weight

3 replies [Last post]
David Blades
User offline. Last seen 10 years 30 weeks ago. Offline
I have a tender request that I am dealing with just now and part of the planning section contains a request that I am not entirely sure of the best way to handle it.
The project is made up mainly of engineering and each section will contain 4 revisions the client wants the breakdown as follows - issue rev 1 60%, issue rev 2 10%, issue rev 3 10% and issue rev 4 20%. Of course with the 4 tasks under each wbs section as rev 1 completes and shows 100% it feeds up showing 25% complete of the entire task.
Is there anyway to roll up taking into account the weights mentioned?

Thanks in advance
David

Replies

Rodel Marasigan
User offline. Last seen 6 weeks 6 days ago. Offline
Your Welcome David,
I’m happy to help.
David Blades
User offline. Last seen 10 years 30 weeks ago. Offline
Rodel, Thank you.
Rodel Marasigan
User offline. Last seen 6 weeks 6 days ago. Offline
Hi David,

Is your Program cost loaded? If it is just spread the cost to each 4 activities with that weightings and P6 will calculate base on the weighting you allocated.
Alternatively if you don’t want to affect the cost you can use this method.

Under Project Window-> Calculation tab-> Default Price/Unit for Activities without resource or role Price/Unit enter $1 or $0.01 (less value much better so cost will show as zero rounding but actually it will record up to the last digits in the background)
Under Activity Window-> Status tab change labor unit to labor cost and enter the weightings as per sample below.
Rev1 = $0.06
Rev2 = $0.01
Rev3 = $0.01
Rev4 = $0.02
or Use Top Down Estimate
If you need more understanding click link below as it was explain further to this forum.
Weightings Post #2