Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

Exporting the Calendars?

7 replies [Last post]
Nickie Lau
User offline. Last seen 10 years 6 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: GPC Malaysia, TILOS
Is it possible to export the calendars into MSExcel or something? I am pretty new to this software and it’s driving me up the wall!

Replies

Montasir Abdelhalim
User offline. Last seen 1 year 29 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: None

Dears, 

I would like to know , based on the assigned calendar, how many days (duration)  passed since BL start date till data date? is there any easy way to get this AT WBS LEVEL? 

Kannan I
User offline. Last seen 14 years 34 weeks ago. Offline
If you have Primavera ERD database, you can get this details from ’Calendar’ table in ’workdayflag’ column.
Nickie Lau
thanks for the advise, this has been great help!
MK TSE
User offline. Last seen 4 years 11 weeks ago. Offline
Further to Dieter’s proposed, assign a resource in 1 unit per day to that activity.
Then export the resource assignment per day (by change the time sclae into day) on excel, the "zero" value will be non-working day.

This easy than to ’examine’ where the necking on a bar for me. On spreadsheet, we can filter those "zero" value out quick
Nickie Lau
Thanks Dieter, that might just work and keep them off my neck for the time being.
Dieter Wambach
User offline. Last seen 7 years 17 weeks ago. Offline
Nickie

Thank you for reply.

A work-around may be: Testproject --> one activity per calendar - with duration=1 year - you want to show with that specific calendar assigned. Set timescale (Gantt chart) to week and day; bars: Neck for non-working time. Then either show/print the Gantt chart with those activities or create a report and export to EXCEL.

Dieter
Nickie Lau
Actually I just wanted to have a list of non-working days for each different calendar in my programme,

That way others without the knowledge of the software (like the client’s representative) would know why certain activities have short duration but long looking bars.
Dieter Wambach
User offline. Last seen 7 years 17 weeks ago. Offline
Nickie

Within the Primavera database calendars are a binary block - not accessible with standard tools. I’ve heard that the API can read and transform it. But neither I’m sure nor a programmer.

Tell what are your needs. Maybe somebody will know a work-around.

Good luck

Dieter