Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

P3 RA - Automation Engine

13 replies [Last post]
Ray Messinger
User offline. Last seen 4 years 39 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: None
There have been many posts concerning the importing and exporting of P3 data to other applications for data entry, analysis or reporting. I have tried using the import/export function in P3, batch and ODBC. But what I am using most now is RA, the automating engine. It provides more power and flexability though it does require more programming skill.

Using RA I have written VBA/VBS macros that can create new schedules, add and update activities, add resource loading, run the CPM, run reports, interoperate other applications and more.

In responce to the post concerning loading BQ resources values I wrote an Excel/RA macro that creates the Activity/BQ matrix from P3. The values can then be edited and then re-loaded back into P3 with just a click.

If there are other P3 users interested I will upload the file somewhere. I dont want to be emailing it individually.
Is there a common file site associated with Planning Planet that can be used to exchange files?

You must have installed P3 RA on your computer for these macros to work.

Replies

Mohammad A
User offline. Last seen 5 years 48 weeks ago. Offline

Dear Ray and Moderator,

I cant find the updated link. Can you please put the updated link once again.

Regards

Rumi

Mark Chapman
User offline. Last seen 8 years 22 weeks ago. Offline
Amri wrote in another post the answer:

--from google--
RA(TM), an object-oriented OLE automation server and scheduling engine. Designed for use by OEMs, ISVs, Primavera customers, and Primavera’s development team, RA facilitates resource and activity control for the enterprise through an organization’s primary business applications.
Mark Chapman
User offline. Last seen 8 years 22 weeks ago. Offline
I am coming in from the cold.. can someone explain what RA is pls?
Amri Mansor
User offline. Last seen 3 years 24 weeks ago. Offline
How to install the P3 RA - Automation Engine properly?? I’ve copy the sample but the IT guy installed the Primavera P 3.1 running on XP machine for me.

Macros can’t establish/stop at establishing the session .?

Anything wrong somewhere??

Thanks
Alfon Lyndon Joson
User offline. Last seen 7 years 18 weeks ago. Offline
Ray...

i think its quiet convenient enough if you modify the "resource loading", making the Activities in "Rows (Horizontal Oriented)" and the Resources in "Columns(Vertical Oriented)" just like what jorge taguinod have done...

best regards...

ALFON
SCDC
Forum Guest
User offline. Last seen 2 years 40 weeks ago. Offline
Hi Ray,

Can you plese include also the excel sheet for cost loading

Thanks
MK TSE
User offline. Last seen 4 years 7 weeks ago. Offline
The available Access VBA on CD is in version97 and cannot converted to version2000 automatically. Microsoft have changed the sytem and some command is no longer valid. For Excel, since the command is compatible in both version 97 and 2000, no problem at all.
Ray Messinger
The RA OLE aqutomation functions and commands would be the same. There are also examples on Primavera’s RA page.
MK TSE
User offline. Last seen 4 years 7 weeks ago. Offline
Does anyone have the VBA on RA for Access 2000 version?
Ray Messinger
They are still at the link mentioned below. They are in Excel VBA/VBScript but could use any VBA client.

Adjie Heryanto
User offline. Last seen 17 years 4 weeks ago. Offline
Ray,

Can I have copy of your macros ?
Are they all based on Excel ?

Adjie - Jakarta
Sankar Madhavan P...
User offline. Last seen 7 years 3 weeks ago. Offline
Could you please email me ur Ra scripts.It is interesting
Ray Messinger
I have setup a page to share the RA macros I wrote. It is at: http://www.geocities.com/miraray/tech/tech.html There are some interesting utilities. One can be used to automatically update a progress graphic (map, schematic, etc). Some interface with Milestone Professional for summary presentation schedules. [moderator edit]I changed the URL to a live link...[/moderator edit]