Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

confused between Current estimate and planned value.

No replies
vinod raturi
User offline. Last seen 6 years 25 weeks ago. Offline
Hi ,

I am working on Primavera 3.1

My query is in one of my sample programme , planned value is shown as 40 units , current estimates as 50 units. Whereas the budgeted units are 50 units for the period.

To explain in details . I created a programme with 2 activities . 1st activity spanning from 11th to 17th march ( 5 days duration , 15 th and 16th being weekly off. Total budgeted resource units 50 nos. ) 2nd activity spanning from 18th to 24th march ( 5 days duration , 22nd and 23rd march being weekly off . Total budgeted resource units 50 nos.).

After scheduling I started updating the project. 1st activity was completed in 3 days utilizing 30 units . 2 nd activity is now scheduled from 14th march to 20th march ( 15th and 16th march being weekly off ).

Upon looking into resource profile table I was surprised to see that current estimate histogram is shown correctly . i.e from 14th to 20th march utilizing 10 units per day but Planned value histogram starts from 18th march to 21st march utilizing 10 units per day totaling 40 units for the activity.

For earned values I am using budget from current project.

Can someone throw light on occurrence of these figures.

Data date for the above , being 14th march

Thanks in advance.