Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

Weekend Puzzler: Computing Critical Path Drag on a Project to Save Lives

No replies
Stephen Devaux
User offline. Last seen 35 weeks 1 day ago. Offline

I just posted a new “Weekend Puzzler” on my blog, titled “Computing Critical Path Drag on a Project to Save Lives.” There has been a lot going on of late with regard to drag and drag cost, so I thought I’d offer another little exercise in computing these metrics in a simple (all finish-to-start) network diagram.

And with the cost of time measured in lives saved or lost, I hope that the importance of using these metrics will come clear. Too many people die because the project that would save them takes longer than it would if the schedule were properly optimized.

You can find the Puzzler here.

There’s a little multiple choice quiz at the end of the exercise, too. Completely anonymous. Give it a shot.

Fraternally in project management,

Steve the Bajan