Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

Tool for keeping meetings on time

No replies
John Brozena
User offline. Last seen 8 years 36 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: None

Hi all,

I'm a former PM, current software dev. In my role as a PM I noticed most of my time was going towards managing meetings. This is a real skill that takes time to build. To help those in a similar position I built the following tool:

http://www.standy.us

It handles meeting time management, agenda setting, and tracking and sending action items. I'm envisioning you could project this or have it on a tablet that everyone can see during the meeting so everyone is aware of the remaining agenda, and time remaining.

I'm keeping it simple to start but would love to hear your feedback on whether you find this useful, and if not why? What could be improved upon?

Thanks!