Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

Quantities & remeasure

1 reply [Last post]
ian mcbride
User offline. Last seen 8 years 44 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: None

We have a re-measure contract, while there is some ambiguity in the measurement rules we have demonstrated that our tender rate was based on the billed quantity. The billed quantity can be clearly demonstrated how it was achieved.

Due to the ambiguity in the measurement rules the main contractor insists on only paying a reduced re-measurement. The ambiguity relates to the starting levels.

However this reduction represents a 42% reduction in the billed quantity and that one item (re-measurement) represents a reduction of 25% of the original contract sum.

Contractor says there is no chance of a re-rate. Our tendered rate build up also relates to time and the actual time taken to do the works is as we allowed for.

Surely this is incorrect? Are there any guidelines for when re-rates should be applied?

Replies

Mike Testro
User offline. Last seen 27 weeks 5 days ago. Offline

Hi Ian

Welcome to Planning Planet

This is a QS problem so I will have to go back 25 years.

Your query is not that clear - I assume that you are a sub-contractor working for a main contractor.

The measurement rules should be stated in the contract - if not then the published method of measurement that is applicable to your trade should apply.

Generally the billed rates apply to similar work executed in similar circumstances.

You will have to be more specific to get a more detailed answer.

Best regards

Mike Testro

PS You only need to press the SAVE button once - I have deleted the other two entries.