Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

Beginner exercise

2 replies [Last post]
samey uddin
User offline. Last seen 8 years 50 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: None

HII ,I am a new in planning ,and want to learn planning ,i know the basics of primavera (p 6.7) ,any suggestion on what to start ,i am working on road&infrastructure project .so i need suggestion on how start learning planning if possible any exercises will be helpful .

thank you.

Replies

samey uddin
User offline. Last seen 8 years 50 weeks ago. Offline

thank you .

Arend Woltjer
User offline. Last seen 8 years 45 weeks ago. Offline

Hi Samey,

maybe you have the example projects  that come with P6, you could start updating those? And of course not with the 'auto'option and according to date but completely out of line. There is a road construction planning amongst them.

Also you could get some exercise from this website that gives explanation on planning, how to keep your planning understandable fro non-planners and ideas about layouts.

http://plannenvoornietplanners.net/blog-in-english-v.html

Regards,

Arend