Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

changing activity id from Methadology Mgt

2 replies [Last post]
kumar s
User offline. Last seen 8 years 40 weeks ago. Offline
Hello Guys

i am creating the project using methadology management...
i have copied the whole project to proj mgt,,

i have few related questions.....
1) can i change the activity id description (for ex 08pvc1000 to 10pvc1000) at once for all the 15000 activites. i want to chnge only the prefix of the activity id. is it possible..

2) can i copy the resources/Activity codes allocated for the previous project into this project....

3) how to break the ativity relationship..

it would be very helpful if you can clear my doubts..
thanx

Replies

Arnold Puy
User offline. Last seen 9 years 34 weeks ago. Offline
Hi Satishan,

1. Try to use the Edit --> Replace
2. Open the two projects and go to Activity Codes then Copy & Paste the codes.
3. Copy the projects and in the "Copy Activity Option" untick the check box next to Relationships.

Regards,

Arnold

Mike Testro
User offline. Last seen 28 weeks 7 hours ago. Offline
Hi Satisham

Q 1.
I do not use P6 but if I want to make a global change to anything in Powerproject I copy paste the column into excel and then use Find - Replace to make the changes then copy it back.

No idea at all about Q 2 & 3.

Best regards

Mike Testro