Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

No Subject Specified

13 replies [Last post]
ROGER ASSI
User offline. Last seen 8 years 6 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: GPC Qatar
HI GUYS,

The activity code filtration in p6 doesn’t show (WR)withIN RANGElikein P3.for example if we have 11 areas,i need to filter area 1 to 5 simultaneously,how can i do it?

Regarding the resources,if i need to input quantities,how can i get this format.ex:100,000.00.i couldn’t get the ","in the number.

Thanks a lot.

Regards,

Replies

Dieter Wambach
User offline. Last seen 7 years 23 weeks ago. Offline
Roger
This is unbelievable! Together with the program the ref’manuals should be installed on each pc! And IT should have them for user support.
I sent the pdf.

Regards
Dieter
ROGER ASSI
Thanks Dieter,

I ASKED THE IT ABOUT IT,HE DOESN’T GET THIS CD.

Please if you have this file,could you send it to my own mail address:roger_assi@hotmail.com

Sorry for the inconvenience.

Roger
Dieter Wambach
Roger
I assume you or IT installed P6 from the original set of CD’s, On CD no.3 you can find that specific file:
Doku\Moving From P3 to P6\MovingfromP3toP6.pdf.
It is an excellent information for P3 experts.
Regards
Dieter
ROGER ASSI
Hi Dieter,

How can i get the pdf file in the documentation cd?

Thanks
Regards,

Roger
Dieter Wambach
Roger
Equal is what belongs to exactly that node, under everything below, e.g if you have a code "location" with continent on level 1, country on level 2, region on level 3 and yu ask for Europe, it will show only those where Europe is assigned - not e.g. Germany, UK... - whereas under will show all with Europe and Germany, UK, and...
Maybe I understood your item with bars:
Within the Gantt chart: right mouse button --> Bar chart options --> collapsed bars --> unmark "Show relationships...".
A clean summary bar: Within the Gantt chart: right mouse button --> Bars --> bar settings --> unmark "Show when collapsed"
"SOMETIMES SOME BAR NOT LINK TO THE OTHER WHEN WE DON’T HAVE WORK IN THE ACTIVTY"??? Not due to capitals. Can the reason be a week-end?
Dieter
ROGER ASSI
Thanks again Dieter,

Is under same like equal in filtration??

For the SUMMARISE BAR,IT APPEARS VERTICAL LINE INSIDE THE BAR,HOW WE CAN REMOVE IT?AND SOMETIMES SOME BAR NOT LINK TO THE OTHER WHEN WE DON’T HAVE WORK IN THE ACTIVTY.

Thanks

Dieter Wambach
Roger
Sorry your question concerning the bars I didn’t understand. Maybe you mean something under:
Within the Gantt chart: right mouse button --> Bar chart options --> collapsed bars or general. If not, please explain.
"Is Under" means: in your hierarchical structure everything nelow a certain node.
Regards
Dieter
ROGER ASSI
Hi Jackie,

Regarding the resources,32000m3,we can write it like that:
32,000 m3with commas....
For the bar,i know from the format bars,but i mean in the Gant Chart,also if we have non working days ,it shows seperation of bars.

Thanks again.
Jackie Gilliland
User offline. Last seen 14 years 14 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: None
Hi Roger

By accessing View / Bars from your menu or clicking on your Bars icon you can set up the way you want your bars to display.

Jackie
ROGER ASSI

Also Dieter,

When we summarise all the activities in one bare,it appears black line in the bar,i think the symbol of many activities starting at this date,could we delete it??

Thanks again
ROGER ASSI
Thanks Dieter,

What the meaning of "is under" in the filtration.

So if we have one thirty two thousand m3,there is no format inside p6 to write :32,000..and not 32000.

Thanks a lot.

Roger
Dieter Wambach
Roger
ps: If you want to enter big numbers just do it without comma for thousand.
Dieter
Dieter Wambach
Roger
The concept for codes is different to P3 - they are hierarchical. WR no longer exists for the codes - it does in other areas. A nice feature in P6 is "Is under".
For the differences between P3 and P6 there is an excellent PDF on the documentation CD.
Regards
Dieter