Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

Project integrity report - Project/WBS mismatch

6 replies [Last post]
Maya C
User offline. Last seen 15 years 42 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: None
Application: P5
When our IT person ran a ’project integrity report’ this morning the following error was reported. We are not exaclty sure what this means or how to correct it. Any thoughts?

The error was:

18. Check Project for: Project mis-match between Projects and WBS
>>>Errors:
Project: - Not Fixed: Please examine and correct the data manually.
>>>OK

Replies

Ellyn Gilbride
User offline. Last seen 13 years 18 weeks ago. Offline
Got it. Thanks, Dieter.
Dieter Wambach
User offline. Last seen 7 years 23 weeks ago. Offline
Ellyn

Sorry for bad expression.

Try to add a new document and assign it to an activity and to a WBS --> F10 (Commit changes) --> F5 --> delete --> run integrity check.
Target of this action is to write into the table with the documents then to write again - the deletion-flag. My hope is that Oracle or MS-SQL recognizes a mismatch and corrects. Same idea as for the WBS.

(I’ve some impression of a bug in P7 or in the transfer program from P6 to P7)

Good luck!

Dieter
Ellyn Gilbride
Dieter,

Thanks for your reply. The Primavera release I’m using is update 7 for P6, so it’s P6.7. :)

This is a brand new project so nobody else has even looked at it. I am the only scheduler in the office right now, so no one could have had it open.

I will try your solution of adding/F9/deleting a WBS. Seems a new quirk turns up in P6 every other week, but I still love the application.

I don’t know what you mean by trying analogue with a document. ???

Thanks,
Ellyn
Dieter Wambach
Ellyn

Sorry, I have no experience with P7. Was there everything ok with the transfer of the database to the new version - log-file checked? Check Primavera POINT for a known error.

Recently I had that issue (WBS mismatch) as well. Since didn’t like to take the risk of using SQL in a productive system, I tried inside P6:
- Checked if someone else was working with that project -->
- Opened exclusively -->
- Added WBS --> F9 --> deleted this WBS --> ran integrity check
After three - why, I have no idea - times this error disappeared. I would try anologue with a document.

Good luck!

Dieter
Ellyn Gilbride
Dieter,

We just updated to Primavera 6.7 and I ran the Integrity Check for the first time on a new project. I got the same error: Check Project for: Project mis-match between Projects and WBS
Project: - Not Fixed: Please examine and correct the data manually.

I have no idea what that means or how to fix it - or even if I need to do something about it. Do I?

I also got this error: Check Document Assignment for: Project mis-match between Document Assignments and Work Products and Documents
Document Assignment: - Not Fixed: Remove mis-match Document Assignments

There are no work products or documents or document assignments.

Can you help?

Thanks,

Ellyn
Dieter Wambach
Maya
This error is a little dangerous. There seems to be a mismatch within the projwbs table. If you don’t report progress via time sheets, create a new project and move everything of the damaged into the new project.
As far as I remember there was an issue in 5.0 but solved by a patch. Check if you installed all service packs.
Good luck
Dieter