Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

RESOURCE DRIVING PROJECT

2 replies [Last post]
Suresh Sankaranku...
User offline. Last seen 5 years 7 weeks ago. Offline
Hi friends,
I am new to using the resource driven project. I am working on P5. My companie’s projects are resource driven. If there is no resource available for some period the project duration will extend. Each resource is dedicated for each projects. I know in p3 proj.planner it was working fine but p5 i dont see any changes. In the project view i checked on "Drive activity dates by default". But still i couldnt see any difference. If anyone can explain this topic in detail would be highly appreciated. I hope Dieter can give me solid idea.

Thanks a lot for everyone.
Regards
Suresh

Replies

Suresh Sankaranku...
User offline. Last seen 5 years 7 weeks ago. Offline
Dear Imaran,
Thank you very much. Yup that is the one i forgot.. "Instead of Task Dependent" we suppose to give " Resource Dependent"

Many many thanks.
Suresh
Imran Arshad
User offline. Last seen 6 years 3 weeks ago. Offline
Dear Suresh,
For resource driven project setting got to project window,click on Defaults tab then define percent complete as Units & activity type as resource dependent before adding activities in your project.Hope this will help.

Imran Arshad