Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

Linking Prolog 2007 and P5 (and Contractor)

1 reply [Last post]
Marsha Peterson
User offline. Last seen 6 years 5 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: None
My client uses Meridian Prolog, has employees update daily work journal, then wants actuals and comments about that work to be uploaded back into P3, ST, and IS NOW thinking about transitioning to P5.
I’ve gotten ST/P3 to generate ddf, but it seems to go only one way from ST/P3 to Prolog, can’t pull actuals out into P3/ST, calculate in ST/P3 and reload back in. (looses comments, and doesn’t populate LogText) I’m doing a major whammy by exporting Prolog to Excel, to ST/P3, calculating and loading back spreadsheet to Prolog.
I’m hoping that transitioning to P5 and the notebook feature will enable comments to be uploaded, but SOMEONE must know if there is an interface product that can make this work.

Replies

Rodel Marasigan
User offline. Last seen 17 weeks 2 days ago. Offline
Hi Marsha,

P5 is running through SQL and you can populate data via SQL and or ODBC link to any database software like MS Access, Interbase, Sybase, Visual FoxPro or any database that you’re familiar with. P5 also run using Oracle Server and can use oracle database to populate your database. P5 database tables are open and accessible using any of this database programs for updating or interfacing to any other database software.

Rodel