Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

want to make target

6 replies [Last post]
tamer sayed
User offline. Last seen 15 years 49 weeks ago. Offline
in p3 there are option from tools and target to make target for my project and compare between target project and actual project
want to know where is the target in p3e
and how i can make

Replies

Rodel Marasigan
User offline. Last seen 17 weeks 2 days ago. Offline
Hi Kevin,

Project Baseline is only used for summarizing the Project. User’s baselines are used for comparing the project Actual Schedule vs. baseline, baseline 2, baseline 3. You can set users baseline as what if, initial plan, client sign-off, etc…
The project baseline or primary baseline can be designated as the project to use when calculating earned value (based on a setting in the Settings tab of Project Details).

I hope it helps.

Regards,
Rodel
Kevin Ton
User offline. Last seen 17 years 1 week ago. Offline
Groups: None
Hello Rodel,

I got a question here,

Could you tell me what is different between Project baseline and user baseline under menu "assign baselines".

The thing confusing me is that when i assigned user primary baseline but keep project baseline unassigned which, in this case will keep current project as project baseline. Then I made some change, but in bar field, I saw both baseline and current bar moving at same time.

Could you explain the reason?

Thank you in advance.

Kevin
Rodel Marasigan
Tamer,

If you follow my previous post that should gave you step by step of how to create baseline. If you select a copy of current project as baseline as default it should name as your current project with “- B1” added to it. Once created, you can assign it to Project Baseline, Primary Baseline… etc… and you should be able to select it from drop down box.

Vs. is a short cut or abbreviation for versus or compare to/ against.

Duration % original is threshold value in percentage. (Duration % Original = Actual Duration / Original Duration * 100) some result are greater than 100. Ex: 10 (AD) / 5 (OD) *100 = 200%
Duration % Complete is the actual duration complete per each activity. If your % type is set to duration, this is the % complete that manually update in status tab otherwise it is the result of “100 less (Remaining Duration/Original Duration * 100)”

If baseline is created and assigned, you can also display the Project Duration % complete or BL1 Duration % complete.

Regards,
Rodel
tamer sayed
User offline. Last seen 15 years 49 weeks ago. Offline
Dear Mr / Andrew , Rodel
Thank you for your sooner replay
Could you tell me step by step how can I create baseline or baselines to project
From project and baseline and add it already created and in front of it
primary baseline , second baseline , third baseline
and there are in top ( use current project as primary baseline ) when I press on this option it delete from primary baseline

anywas suppose I create base line how can I show percentage on primary baseline bar and what the different between
duration % original
duration% complete
or could you please tell me correct way form A to Z
and please tell me what mean of vs
Rodel Marasigan
Tamer,

Andrew is correct. You can create multiple Baselines (Target) and attached to your actual (live) project.
Select Project-> Maintain Baseline on your Project Menu
Click Add and you can select from :
Save a copy of the current project as a new baseline or
Convert another project to a new baseline of the current project.

After creating a baseline then select Project-> Assign Baseline on your Project Menu and assign the new created baseline to Project Baseline and Primary Baseline or just the Primary Baseline so you will have a comparison between current projects vs. primary baseline.

HTH
Rodel
Andrew Pearce
User offline. Last seen 1 year 37 weeks ago. Offline
In P3E the old "target" is replaced by baseline.
Use the baseline manager located under the Project Tab.