Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

P6 Installation help

2 replies [Last post]
ananda vijayan
User offline. Last seen 13 years 18 weeks ago. Offline
Dear friends,

Currently i am using P5 with windows XP(SQL server 2000). Now i want to upgrade P6. But I have problem with P6 installation.

1. Runing SQL server 2005 setup, SQL server database services menu showing the following error. "SQL server setup cannot perform the upgrade because the component is not installed on the computer. To proceed, verify that the component to be upgraded is currently installed, and that the component to be upgraded is specified in the ADDLOCAL property. For more information, see running setup from the command prompt in SQL Server Books online."

2. After completion of the P6 setup, the following error appear, " Bad Public user name & password. Database server error, SQL network/Interfaces. Error locating server / Instance specified. (XFFFFFFF)"

Kindly help in the above matter.

Thanks in advance,

best regards,

VJ

Replies

ananda vijayan
User offline. Last seen 13 years 18 weeks ago. Offline
Dear djouallah,

Thank you for your advice.

But not working that username & password.

Thanks
mimoune djouallah
User offline. Last seen 5 years 10 weeks ago. Offline
hi

for question n°2

try this

system admin name : sa
system admin password : prima123vera
when you configure your connexion to sql server
HTH

ps: i don’t have p6 installed yet,