Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

Artemis Project & Cost View

2 replies [Last post]
John Foster
User offline. Last seen 8 years 49 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: None
I would be interested to hear from anyone who is using Artemis Project/Cost Views, or anyone who has used it in the past.

What do you think of it ?
How did it compare with other systems you have used ?
Did you migrate from another system onto views ? and why ?

Thanks.

John F.

Replies

Forum Guest
User offline. Last seen 10 weeks 8 hours ago. Offline
I used Artemis Cost/Views about 3 yrs back in the ship repair business. It had limitations as I remember which included speed
and regular crashing although it was fit for purpose. We developed links into the back of it to get information for Yard planning but that needs SQL expertise.

I have since moved on to Primavera P3 and would not go back. It is a solid product which has a minimum number of bugs, and lots of features. Sometimes the menus could be more intuative. The biggest danger is to play with the default settings without fully comprehending the implications.

Hope this helps.

Derek Archibald
AAA Project Planning Services
Forum Guest
User offline. Last seen 10 weeks 8 hours ago. Offline
I used it about 7 years back. Hopefully theyve made some marked improvements to the product since then. From a functionality point of view it was a dog, slow and cumbersome. Im a little fuzzy on the specifics, but I remember the emotion distinctly.