Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

THSRC Contractors in Southern Taiwan

4 replies [Last post]
Andrew Ng
User offline. Last seen 5 years 7 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: None
I am the Contracts manager in charge of the Main Workshop package in Yenchao Taiwan. I am organising for a training session for two of my QS’s on the use of Primevera for Time Impact Analysis for presentation of delay and time extension claims to THSRC. It is tentatively fixed to be over a three days period on the later part of July or early August 2004.

Have also arranged with the authorised rep office of Primavera in Taipei for a 10 year experienced construction planner to conduct the lectures in English and Chinese languages in my site office. I do not expect the class to be more than 5 persons to maximise the amount of contact hours, at this stage the cost per person is estimated around NTD20,000 per head if that number is attained. Otherwise the participants would just share the costs equally.

If any of your planners or Qs’s are interested or if your company is keen or planned to pursue similar delay claims, you might want to contact me at an@cctjv.com.tw or office hours at 07-6155517 ext 207 for further details.

The details of the parties providing the training would be furnished to you.

Replies

Forum Guest
User offline. Last seen 10 weeks 13 hours ago. Offline
[Disrespectful comment for an anonymous source deleted by Moderator.]
Andrew Ng
If you dont mind the basic setup in the Conference Room at my site office, I can still offer the use of high end projector, computer, good cappucino and snacks/lunch over the three days of project training. It will be airconditioned and relatively quiet but I have to make arrangement for the number of computer required. If you prefer to carry your notebook or PC(god forbids) with the licensed software, I would be even happier.

The price per head is without any profit, as we are interested to look for big monies in the successful completion of the project as a Japanese led Consortium.
Andrew Ng
If any one of you have similar experience with the kind of presentation and the degree of details expected by THSRC for this kind of time impact analysis, I would be most pleased to hear or see any formats successfully adopted and accepted.

If there are any claim consultants who have successfully worked on cases against THSRC and is willing to assist me in the Delay Analysis and Disruption Claims, I would like to know if you oblige. Only heard of EC Harris having done cases for Shimizu and some other European companies against THSRC with some success, operating from HK. Are there any locally based claim consultants who are experienced in Taiwan and interested to offer assistance ?
Andrew Ng
If any one of you have similar experience with the kind of presentation and degree of details expected by THSRC for this kind of time impact analysis I would be most pleased to hear or see the formats successfully adopted and accepted.

If there are any claim consultants who have successfully worked on cases against THSRC and is willing to assist me in the Delay Analysis and DIsruption Claims. Only heard of EC Harris have done cases for Shimizu and some other European companies, operating from HK, but are there any locally based claim consultants who are experienced in Taiwan and interested?